geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible for G to directly consume a Tomcat server config w/o changes?
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:16:46 GMT

On Jun 19, 2009, at 9:18 PM, Ivan wrote:

> Currently, what I can see are
> 1. Recover those configurations that we used  for Tomcat in the
> server.xml

For connectors, I may have done most of this in my work for (3)....
could use some checking.  I'd also like to see if I can make the
tomcat connectors use our thread pool -- a new feature I've wanted for
years :-)
> 2. Update the console codes, and decide whether we need to keep the
> functions like add/remove connectors. If keep, the way we do it is
> to add/remove ConnectorGBean or to marshall/remarshall server.xml.
> 3. Make those settings in the server.xml not hardcoded.

I implemented this here, not sure if I'll get it committed today or
tomorrow

> 4. Recover those GBeans that console/other components used, such as
> AccessLogValve etc.

Maybe the AccessLogValve can fish its valve out of the server like the
engine gbean now does?

thanks
david jencks