geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Eliminating the svn repo
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:40:00 GMT
The svn repo is a terrible idea and violates the principle that all
the dependencies of anything in the maven central repo, must be in the
maven central repo.  I've been working to remove the need for stuff in
there with some success.

What's left is:

jtidy.  This appears to be a dependency only of the testsuite-maven-
plugin.  The project is not very active, although it is built with
maven 2.  Does anyone know what exactly it's used for?  Can we get rid
of it?  Otherwise I guess we'll have to see if we can get the project
to release something.

directwebremoting.  Our version (2.0.5)  appears to have been released
but not to a maven repo.  There's a 3.0.M1 released milestone.  I
suggest we try it and see if it works for us.  Does anyone know if the
2.0.3 version would work?

dojo.  I don't know what's in our 0.4.3  dojo-ajax and 1.1.1 dojo-mini
jars but I see maven releases of dojo-war at 1.1.1, 1.2 and 1.3  Maybe
we can extract what we need from this.  Are we still using the 0.4.3
stuff? There's a 0.4.3 dojo-rhino jar..... maybe it's related.

thanks
david jencks