geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo EJB security
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:27:56 GMT
Hi Ivan,
On Jun 9, 2009, at 6:55 PM, Ivan wrote:

> Thanks, David, I have changed some codes about EJB security, for it
> made some cases failed. Currently, I use whether securiy segment
> exists in the deployment plan to decide that , JACC Manager is or
> not need to be created.

I think that's what we used to do and it is very wrong.  It makes it
too easy to deploy an app without security you expect because you
don't understand how to write a geronimo plan.  What we want is that
if there are security annotations in the ejbs or if security is
configured in the ejb-jar.xml spec deployment descriptor, then we
require security configuration in the geronimo plan and set up the
JACC stuff.

I thought I found all the tck tests that had security in the spec dd
or annotations and fixed the plans, but it's entirely possible I
missed some.  We should add security config to the geronimo plans
rather than allowing decployment.

thanks
david jencks