geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Trunk Builds
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:28:50 GMT

On Jun 30, 2009, at 7:35 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> David,
>
> Some errors on the console (or in the logs) are to be expected. The
> tests check if for example the service that requires security can be
> accessed without security. That should generate some errors and that's
> what the test expects.

As usual I wasn't too clear...

For instance, if I look at concurrent-testsuite/concurrent-basic/
build.log, I see that the build was successful and
OUT: Tests run: 20, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
316.367 sec
OUT: Results :
OUT: Tests run: 20, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
OUT: [INFO] [geronimo:undeploy-module {execution: undeploy-war-as-
moduleId}]
OUT: [INFO] Using non-artifact based module id:
org.apache.geronimo.testsuite/concurrent-web-ear/2.2-SNAPSHOT/ear
OUT: Tests run: 16, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
0.933 sec
OUT: Results :
OUT: Tests run: 16, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
OUT: [INFO] [geronimo:undeploy-module {execution: undeploy-war-as-
moduleId}]
OUT: [INFO] Using non-artifact based module id:
org.apache.geronimo.testsuite/concurrent-ejb-ear/2.2-SNAPSHOT/ear

however on the console I'm running the tests from I see

[INFO] concurrent-testsuite/concurrent-basic      RUNNING
[INFO] concurrent-testsuite/concurrent-basic      FAILURE
(0:20:47.746) Java returned: 1

I don't understand why the test runner thinks the tests failed but I
don't see any failures in the build.log

> As to securing ?wsdl access, a while ago I added a feature where the
> user can specify which http methods should be secured or not. This was
> supposed to work just like for servlet-based web services. We got a
> few queries about this feature and I think we should continue to
> support it. In fact, I'm not sure how jaxws-ejb-sec tests would pass
> without it.

I was only really looking at jetty here.  Previously ?wsdl requests
were serviced before checking transport type and for jetty the
protected methods were ignored.  I've changed it so that all requests
have their security checked and that only the http methods specified
are allowed.  (I think this is what the tomcat code is doing also, but
I'm not 100% sure).  I think this is what you intended but I find the
parameter name "protected methods" a little confusing.

Do you think there's any value in allowing specification of excluded
http methods rather than included methods, as the servlet spec allows?

thanks
david jencks