geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <>
Subject Re: not serializable
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 04:00:22 GMT

I'm pretty sure that's what the spec mandates. I can test this out to
see if it breaks the TCK signature tests but even if it doesn't you
might still run into that problem on Java 6 or later since the API are now provided by the JVM. However, I think you
could override these JVM API by placing the Geronimo spec jar into the
JVM's lib/endorsed directory.

I'll test this out and let you know.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Kurt T Stam<> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> On the jUDDI project one of our APIs uses the class
> (which contains jUDDI specific data classes). We have a requirement to send
> the entire Holder class over RMI, but Holder is not Serializable. I think
> this is a short coming of the implementation.
> If you agree can this be fixed? Or do you believe that the spec dictates
> this?
> Thx,
> --Kurt
> kstam at