geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo specs jars in OSGi
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:38:49 GMT
It's been a year.... IIUC servicemix has done something so the specs
that have this discovery pattern solve the problem somehow.  Now we
have a jaxws 2.2 spec with the same problem.

I think its silly to have the osgi-usable version of the spec far away
from the spec source code.  Can we revisit this discussion?

I'd need to review what the servicemix bundles actually do but I'm
pretty much in favor of having the geronimo spec jars work in osgi
unchanged.  If that's really unacceptable I'd suggest releasing two
artifacts, one a working osgi bundle the other a non-osgi plain jar.

thanks
david jencks