geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The scope and schedule for G 2.2 samples release
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:04:54 GMT

On Jun 23, 2009, at 10:26 PM, Forrest_Xia wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I would like to take the ownership of releasing a new G samples
> release for
> G 2.2 server. Please let me know your thoughts about it.

I wouldn't phrase it in terms of "ownership". However, any
contributions you can provide would be more than welcome!

> So far, what I can think for this new samples release to do as
> follows:
> 1. Update and build the current samples trunk, and make sure those
> samples
> function well with G 2.2 server
> 2. Add one or two new samples to demo how to run popular frameworks
> app,
> such as Struts, Spring, on Geronimo
> 3. Verify and ensure G samples 2.1.2 functions well on G 2.2 server?

Those all sound good.

Our samples are currently "plugins". I think this is great. And
definitely helps promote plugins. However, I also think the fact that
they aren't available as deployable WAR or EAR files is a shortcoming.
Would you be interested in working to provide the apps in either form?

> let's determine the scope of samples release first, then to setup a
> schedule
> about it. By default, I will assume it is a separate release from G
> 2.2
> server like G samples 2.1.2 did.

Yes. I think we can assume that samples will be released separately
from the server.

--kevan