geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build the GBeanInfo with the attribute name caselessly?
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:15:50 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> Perhaps I can be convinced otherwise but I think the attribute and
> reference names should remain case sensitive.  Are there other DI
> systems that have case insensitive property names?  What does
> blueprint do?

Blueprint is case sensitive for property names, using the JavaBeans
convention.  However, because of how case gets folded when looking for
the setter, "thisProperty" and "ThisProperty" would both work....not
totally casesensitive, just an artifact of the rules used for
constructing the method name.

Rick