geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible for G to directly consume a Tomcat server config w/o changes?
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:12:54 GMT

> On Jun 21, 2009, at 10:20 PM, Ivan wrote:

>> On Jun 19, 2009, at 9:18 PM, Ivan wrote:
>>
>> Currently, what I can see are
>> 1. Recover those configurations that we used  for Tomcat in the server.xml
>>

>> For connectors, I may have done most of this in my work for (3).... could
>> use some checking.  I'd also like to see if I can make the tomcat connectors
>> use our thread pool -- a new feature I've wanted for years :-)
>>
>> 2. Update the console codes, and decide whether we need to keep the
>> functions like add/remove connectors. If keep, the way we do it is to
>> add/remove ConnectorGBean or to marshall/remarshall server.xml.
>> 3. Make those settings in the server.xml not hardcoded.
>>

>> I implemented this here, not sure if I'll get it committed today or
>> tomorrow
>>

> I committed this in rev 787153.  I exposed the replacement code the local
> attribute manager uses.  I'm thinking of modifying the activemq integration
> to use this method instead of spring property substitution.

   Native support from Geronimo for the subsitution is better, for ActiveMQ
integration, IIRC, maybe a bit extra work needs, for i add some extra
properties to the property configuration, which are not contained in the
config-substitution.

>> 4. Recover those GBeans that console/other components used, such as
>> AccessLogValve etc.
>>

>> Maybe the AccessLogValve can fish its valve out of the server like the
>> engine gbean now does?
>>

>    I will try to do it, Valve is a bit different with the Engine, for it
> has no name attribute, and Engine/Host all could hold to a list of them.
>    My way is to use the "seq" to identify it, like what it is done by its
> object name.
>

> Looking forward to seeing this!

   DONE with At revision: 787174.
   BTW, I guess that we also need to look at the realm setting for Tomcat.

--
Ivan