geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Weber <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update the 2.2 release status page?
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:11:52 GMT

Personally, I'd like a bugfix release each month or so. I like frequent
releases. Firefox 3 is at 3.0.11 now, albeit mostly with security fixes.
But I also understand the points you made.  On the other hand people trust
more a x.1 version than an x.0 version, so a Geronimo 2.1.20 would give the
impression of a very stable version with many bugs fixed (as does Tomcat
6.0.20).

The rare updates of Geronimo with rare news make the website a bit
un-active, it looks like there is not a lot happening with the project.
http://directory.apache.org/ -> news looks much more active with their mix
of new features and honorable mentions.

Thanks,
Juergen