geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Weber <>
Subject Re: Update the 2.2 release status page?
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:11:52 GMT

Personally, I'd like a bugfix release each month or so. I like frequent
releases. Firefox 3 is at 3.0.11 now, albeit mostly with security fixes.
But I also understand the points you made.  On the other hand people trust
more a x.1 version than an x.0 version, so a Geronimo 2.1.20 would give the
impression of a very stable version with many bugs fixed (as does Tomcat

The rare updates of Geronimo with rare news make the website a bit
un-active, it looks like there is not a lot happening with the project. -> news looks much more active with their mix
of new features and honorable mentions.

Rex Wang-2 wrote:
> How frequent do you think is the most appropriate for Geronimo?
> IMHO, too more releases in a year might give users the impression that the
> production is very young and not stable.
> Thank you
> -Rex

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Dev mailing list archive at

View raw message