geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Weber <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update the 2.2 release status page?
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:10:06 GMT

Hi,

I think it would be a pity for 2.2 to appear only in 4Q2009 (hope, this
doesn't mean XMas ;-)

Generally, I feel Geronimo's release cycles should be faster:
- Users would get bug fixes much earlier (there appeared several interesting
fixes on the list here in the last weeks)
- there would be more and earlier feedback for new features (and new bugs)
- release early, release often
- the Geronimo web site would show more signs of life and the whole project
would look more active when there are more often News entries
- Getting a new release is like unwrapping a gift 8-)

I am not sure how much more work shorter release cycles would mean for the
Geronimo team. But shouldn't it suffice to automatically build and run the
testsuite, at least for minor releases?

Thanks you,
Juergen