geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jaxws 2.2 spec jar....
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 19:51:16 GMT
On Fri June 12 2009 3:42:23 pm Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Thanks Dan, we need it for axis2 as well. Looks like we need 2.2 of JAXB as
> well.

I'm slightly less concerned about JAXB for right now for three reasons:

1) It's available in the Sun maven repos already (and now central ;-) )

2) We never have had a JAXB 2.1 version released yet.   We've always used the
Sun version anyway.

3) We don't have an Apache implementation of JAXB so we need the Sun
implementation anyway.

Yes, a JAXB 2.2 version would be nice, but not critical right now.   JAX-WS
2.2 is slightly critical as there isn't a version deployed in maven that we
can start using as a starting point.   We need SOMETHING that we can use
pretty much ASAP.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp