geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Geronimo Spec jar naming/versioning
Date Sun, 10 May 2009 06:15:11 GMT
Forgot to reply to dev@

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, May 10, 2009 at 08:08
Subject: Re: Geronimo Spec jar naming/versioning
To: users@felix.apache.org

The package version are discovered by reading the OSGi manifest
headers of the maven dependencies.
If the dependencies are not OSGi bundles, no infos will be found. This
is the case for all packages provided by the JRE.
In addition, I don't think there is any clear specification of those
package versions, as some system bundles may export those packages
with different versions: for example all packages could be exported
with a version of 1.5 when running JDK 5, or 1.6 when running under
JDK 6.
Adding some versions infos on the org.w3c.dom package would limit its
use I think.

The Private-Package header can be removed as it's not used by the OSGi
framework.  I think BND has a way to specify a special headers that
will contain a list of headers to be removed from the manifest.
Try with

  <_removeheaders>Private-Package<_removeheaders>

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
Open Source SOA