geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <wgstodd...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible for G to directly consume a Tomcat server config w/o changes?
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 19:49:47 GMT
I know G can't consume tomcat configs today, but is this a feature that
could be developed for G 2.2?

Say I have an application successfully deployed and running under
Tomcat..  wouldn't it be nice if I were able to drop the tomcat server
config into a Geronimo-Tomcat assembly, start the server, deploy the app
and be up and running in seconds.  I'm talking about a seamless, zero
effort/zero touch migration from Tomcat to a Geronimo-Tomcat assembly.
Is it possible?  If not, what simplifying assumptions could be made to
'mostly' achieve a zero-touch migration?

What are the primary challenges with consuming a tomcat config unchanged
with a G-Tomcat assembly?  Same Q's apply for Jetty... what's 'doable'
with-in reason?

Thanks,
Bill