geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <petersson.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JNDI context
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 07:10:54 GMT
govinda wrote:
> How do I connect to a datasource thru code without context "java:comp/env"
>
> Context envContext  = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:comp/env");
>
> I just want to connect to DB like this
>
> DataSource ds = (DataSource)initContext.lookup("jdbc/LiferayPool");
>
> Is it possible, if so where do I specify java jndi context ("java:comp/env")
> outside the code?

If I have not misunderstood you last question and although I am not a G
developer I hope no one minds I jump in an try to help out.

In Liferay there are several ways to set up a database connection but
you probably want to use Geronimo:s connection pool and sins Liferay
5.2.2 it is ones again possible to set up the application server
connection pools JNDI name by specify the following line in your
portal-ext.properties file.

###application server connection pools JNDI name
jdbc.default.jndi.name=jdbc/LiferayPool

I am not sure the following is required but I also have this in the end
of the web.xml file.
    <!-- Geronimo usage -->
       <resource-ref>
               <res-ref-name>jdbc/LiferayPool</res-ref-name>
               <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
       </resource-ref>

Hope this helps.
For more information about this take a look at
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Database%20Configuration

regards
    peter petersson