geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible for G to directly consume a Tomcat server config w/o changes?
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 18:28:36 GMT

On May 20, 2009, at 7:44 AM, Ivan wrote:

> I guess that what David means is that writing a deployer for
> server.xml, then in the builder class, construct those tomcat server
> gbeans, and add those gbeans to the tomcat plugin section in the
> config.xml. So that we could imitate a totally same tomcat
> environment for those tomcat-ready applications.

Not exactly.

Right now we supply one preconfigured tomcat server in the tomcat
plugin.  You can deploy more if you want, and your app can choose
which one to use with the (IIRC) web-container element in its plan.
You can also use artifact-aliases to get one you deploy to replace the
standard one.

I'm suggesting writing a builder, maybe tomcat-server-builder, for
server.xml files that produces plugins that are similar to the tomcat
plugin.  What happens to these plugins is a separate question.  I'd
assume most people would want to replace the supplied tomcat plugin
with the one built out of their server.xml file but this is not an
essential part of what I'm suggesting.

thanks
david jencks