For (4)

I'd tested the 2.2 basic farm function and opened a JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4504

Another question is per http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/plugin-based-farming.html

We did some test but found some problems in the doc.  So we are not sure if it's working now.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:42 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Apr 15, 2009, at 10:33 PM, Jack Cai wrote:

I agree that a 2.2 release would be nice to do to push out things already in trunk, before our users wait for too long. :-)

I'm reviewing the list of planned features [1] and current status [2] of 2.2. The latter [2] is more up-to-date. It would be good to make clear the areas that need some more work, so that people like me can jump in and help. Currently the major development items I see -

1. TCK, need a committer to do the job
2. MDB problems mentioned above
3. JMS portlets update mentioned above
4. Farm/cluster management (do we still want this in 2.2?)
What's the problem with (4)?

I've been assuming that the classloader work Gianny and I have been working on in my sandbox would get into 2.2.  At the moment I think I have the classloader framework more or less working and I'm going through the plugins working on setting up the required jar dependencies.  Only some of them can be derived from maven dependencies.  This is turning out to be a somewhat slow process.

thanks
david jencks

And of course there are also testing and doc work.

Please complement and elaborate if necessary.

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-22-release-roadmap.html
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-22-release-status.html

- Jack