geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject [bluprint + xbean-reflect] Use of factories
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:46:55 GMT
When trying to implement the dedens-on attribute for blueprint, I had
to find my way in xbean-reflect about constructor recipes and nested
recipes.
In the ObjectRecipe, a factory-method can be set so that the object is
built by calling a static method or an instance method.
This will be very useful when implementing the factory stuff in blueprint.
However, I think there is a mismatch here.
In xbean-reflect, the recipe is used to create both the factory (in
case of an instance factory), then the factory method is called to
create the final object.    In blueprint, there is a notion of factory
component, which should be built by its own recipe, then used as a
reference to create the object using arguments if any, then populating
the created beans using properties.
I'd like to enhance xbean-reflect to support such factory instances by
references, but it would break any existing code relying on the
current factory mechanism.
Is there a need to support backward compatibility on this ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet