geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Support for RFC 124?
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:37:00 GMT
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 18:24, Kevan Miller <> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> I've integrated the Activator / ConversionService from the other
> branch and moved mine into
> The package is still org.apache.felix.blueprint.  We may want to
> change that, though I would think Felix is a better place for this
> project than Geronimo, but that's a different point ...
> This is all good stuff.
> Personally, we seem to have a critical mass for an implementation in
> Geronimo. May be debatable, but I don't see a problem creating OSGi EEG
> implementations in Geronimo. If it was OSGi core, I'd agree that Felix would
> be a natural home...
> I'd suggest we continue developing here (changing the package name). We can
> always reevaluate... At some point, should move out of sandbox...
> --kevan

Agreed, most of the people interested in developing this
implementation are in geronimo.
However, Felix TLP is not just about the OSGi Core implementation, but
also contains a lots of
implementations of different RFCs or other libraries related to OSGi
but completely independant of the Felix runtime.
There is a plan to rework the felix web site to advocate that much more.
Anyway, I think for the blueprint impl, moving to Felix would be a
good thing because people looking for OSGi related stuff will never
look into Geronimo for such a thing.
But I agree to change to package to org.apache.geronimo.blueprint for
now, and we'll see later what should be done about that.

Guillaume Nodet
Open Source SOA

View raw message