geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Support for RFC 124?
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:33:14 GMT
I've added my own work in progress at the following location:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/gnodet/blueprint

I'm not sure about the use of JAXB:
  * first, it brings an unnecessary dependency on JDK 1.6 or jaxb impl + JDK 5.
  * second, I'm not sure if we would be able to handle custom
namespaces because they require passing the current element as a DOM
node, which means serializing the element back from pojos to a dom
node ... it does not sound really efficient

Another thing is that I was thinking it might be possible at some
point to build an intermediary serialized format of the parsed
metadata at build time to avoid the cost of jaxb marshalling / xml
parsing when possible.  I don't recall if there is a way to customize
the jaxb generated pojos, but having them being serializable might be
a good idea...

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet