geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Support for RFC 124?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:24:57 GMT

On Apr 13, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> I've integrated the Activator / ConversionService from the other
> branch and moved mine into
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/blueprint
>
> The package is still org.apache.felix.blueprint.  We may want to
> change that, though I would think Felix is a better place for this
> project than Geronimo, but that's a different point ...

This is all good stuff.

Personally, we seem to have a critical mass for an implementation in
Geronimo. May be debatable, but I don't see a problem creating OSGi
EEG implementations in Geronimo. If it was OSGi core, I'd agree that
Felix would be a natural home...

I'd suggest we continue developing here (changing the package name).
We can always reevaluate... At some point, should move out of sandbox...

--kevan