geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Thinking about a 2.2 release
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 18:40:53 GMT
I wonder if we should think about a 2.2 release based on javaee 5.
Trunk has a lot of improvements over 2.1 and I think it would be good
for our users to get something out before we do any really major osgi-
related refactorings.

It would be great if we could provide javaee 6 previews for the stuff
we have done but this seems less essential to me at the moment given
the rapidly receding timeline for the ee6 spec.

Stuff that makes plugins a lot easier:

-- transitive dependencies from maven in car-maven-plugin
-- gbean annotations
-- classloader-per-jar (not yet in trunk)

updated external project support:

jaspi support (still needs tck)
jetty 7 (@eclipse, this will now be servlet 2.5 compliant)
activemq 5

potential ee6 features:

openejb ejb 3.1 support
connector 1.6 support
jetty 8 (proposed) servelt 3.0 support
openjpa jpa 2.0 support (??? not sure how far along this is)

I wonder if we can release these somewhat separately as early access
plugins.

what do people think?

thanks
david jencks