geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Cai <greensi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thinking about a 2.2 release
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 05:33:07 GMT
I agree that a 2.2 release would be nice to do to push out things already in
trunk, before our users wait for too long. :-)

I'm reviewing the list of planned features [1] and current status [2] of
2.2. The latter [2] is more up-to-date. It would be good to make clear the
areas that need some more work, so that people like me can jump in and help.
Currently the major development items I see -

1. TCK, need a committer to do the job
2. MDB problems mentioned above
3. JMS portlets update mentioned above
4. Farm/cluster management (do we still want this in 2.2?)

And of course there are also testing and doc work.

Please complement and elaborate if necessary.

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-22-release-roadmap.html
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-22-release-status.html

- Jack