geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Support for RFC 124?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:33:29 GMT
Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> I agree that we need to join forces.
> Actually, i have started experimenting with xbean-refect after having
> seen your code :-)
>
> If we are going to use generics in the implementation, it may be
> easier to use the reflect package implementation classes that i wrote.
> Anyway, I think the main difference is that the one Rick wrote allow
> deep copy of values with a copy constructor.  Rick, have you seen such
> a need anywhere in the spec ?
Yes, there is a need for this in the spec, with NamespaceHandlers.  The
current spec doesn't provide any helper classes for doing the parse()
and decorate() calls on NamespaceHandler, so it's necessary to to write
your own implementation classes for the reflection classes.  This means
the extender implementation will be receiving back different
implementations of these classes after a call.  Since we're likely to
want to hang additional references and implement additional methods in
the metadata implementations, a deep copy of modified metadata seemed
like the simplest solution.