geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Support for RFC 124?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:12:14 GMT
Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Btw, I checked in under
> a tiny
> bit of code that I was playing around with to better understand RFC
> 124. I'll keep on working and experimenting with it but anyone is
> welcome to join. I'm planning to add some of the RFC 124 API
> definitions next in order see what it would take to implement these
> API.
> Jarek

Before I go too far in writing new stuff, I think we should clarify the
JVM target for this.  The Blueprint spec outlines a couple of optional
features for for implementations that run on Java5 and above that use
generics.  The bulk of the features will run fine on a 1.4.2 JVM
version.  Are we agreed that the target for this is a full
implementation (which will require a Java 5 JVM to execute)?  The answer
to this determines whether generics can be used in the internal code as

View raw message