geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4 (RC1)
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 01:43:00 GMT
Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the maintenance release of the Geronimo
Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4 RC1.

The deployable zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.4/RC1/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.4-deployable.zip

The update site zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.4/RC1/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.4-updatesite.zip

The current svn location is here (revision number 762587):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.1.4

The future svn location will be here (when approved):

----> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.1.4

If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.4/RC1/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.1.4.txt

There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL below
that will hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
required to install and run the GEP:

----> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html

In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going through
this quick but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the capabilities of the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update manager
functions (i.e., p2 in Ganymede) of Eclipse for downloading the GEP itself. This
is also documented in the instructions, but you must use the staging site created
for this vote at:

----> http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.4/RC1/staging_site/

Please let me know if there are any questions and/or problems. The vote is open
for 72 hours and will conclude on Wednesday (04/09) at 9:30 PM ET.

[ ] +1  Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.4

--
Thanks,
Tim McConnell