geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thinking about a 2.2 release
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 12:56:06 GMT
Agree, that there is enough in trunk to warrant a 2.2 release before
moving on to OSGi and JEE6 work items.

IMHO, any EE6 preview items should be installable plugins not included
in the full JEE5 assemblies, especially given the legal restriction we
have in the JPA2 Spec (and possibly other EE6 specs) that includes the
2.(iii) clause "is made available for testing and evaluation purposes
only", which effectively blocks us from releasing artifacts implementing
those specs until they're finalized.

-Donald