geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Develop a Geronimo Quartz Plugin
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 02:57:58 GMT
Hi, Martin:
     1. About the workload of the migration, it depends on, if we only need
some basic function, it will be simple. But if we wish to support EJB
invocation or something else, there will be a lot to be done, And I guess
most of the 20 classes needs to be rewirte, I thougth it may be better if we
start it from nothing. Actually, I paid some time for it in the past, but
stop on it due to some reasons,
     2. From my view,  it is not with high priority, anyway, it is just an
add-one for Geronimo.  But the earlier we finish it, the better it will be.
     3. The reason we need the function is that we wish we could
add/config/execute those jobs in the Geronimo. From the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4140, you could see some
ideas about it.
         a. Through gbean configuration xml, we could config some jobs, also
connect them with triggers.
         b. In the console, it is better that we have a page used for
invoking the job/configuring the triggers/adding new jobs etc
         c. It will be better that we could support EJB invoking in the job,
so that we need to do some injection works while deploying the service
module.
         In the next few days, I wish I could add some codes to the sandbox,
so that you could refer to them.
    Could anyone give more comments on it ?
    Thanks !
       Ivan