That activemq webapp is cool, but I knew that JMS Resource portlet has some same functions with the activemq-webconsole, such as browser the queue and send messages.
I wonder what is propose in the future, shall we replace it with activemq-webconsole? and if we integrate it in the admin-console, do we need to get the updates from activemq periodically.
Thanks !

I finally spent a bit of time and got the activemq web console running in geronimo against the embedded broker.  This was fairly easy, I slimmed down the amq war by using g. dependencies instead of WEB-INF/lib, and use the inVM option.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4560

In order to get this to work (although for reasons that are not entirely clear to me) I had to change geronimo to use the platform mbean server instead of creating one for itself.  See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4559

I haven't found any problems with this yet.

One potential concern is that jconsole can attach to a local vm without any apparent security.  However IIUC this is only on the local machine and with some shared filesystem permission (???).  So I'm inclined to think this in not generally a security problem but would certainly like other opinions.

Future work:

1. Right now there's no security at all.  We need to include our own web.xml with security constraints and change the plans to use the geronimo-admin security realm.

2. It would be great to make this a portlet app and run it in the admin console.  I think the portlet app should be at activemq.

How to try it out:

cd plugins/activemq
mvn clean install -Pit
./activemq-server/target/activemq-server-2.2-SNAPSHOT/bin/gsh geronimo/start-server

In your browser go to http://localhost:8080/activemq-console/
Try sending a message and looking at it using the atom feed :-)

thanks
david jencks

--
Ivan