geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1.4 code freeze
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 01:36:05 GMT
I makes sense to me that  the documentation should promote using the car
extension.   Let's update the document.  Thanks.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:17 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>wrote:

>
> On Mar 23, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:
>
> I agree that to change the doc is another solution.  But all the connector
> created with console wizard will default be rar type.  In this case, the
> user can't export the connector he/she just created.  It looks quite
> strange.   That's why I prefer to include the RAR type in the list instead
> of only CAR type.
>
>
> ok but every plugin created by the car-maven--plugin -- including every
> datasource and ee app in geronimo - has extension .car and IMO this is the
> strongly preferred way to build plugins.  So doing it by hand in the server
> should give more consistent results, and the documentation should promote
> using the car extension.
>
> So I would say we should change the docs and if we don't change the
> behavior of deploying stuff by default we should document that it's doing
> something inconsistent with exporting the result as a plugin.
>
> I'm not really in favor of delaying 2.1.4 further for  more code changes
> that don't prevent the informed user from doing what they want.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
>
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> I think this requires a little more discussion.
>>
>> We seem to be flip-flopping on what should or should not be included in
>> the list of plugins to export.
>>
>> GERONIMO-4141 and the discussion around it was rather explicit that we
>> should only include cars in the list.  I believe the discussion at that time
>> was that any component which might potentially be exported should specify
>> "car" as it's module type and hence it will appear in the list.
>>
>> If you specify a type of car instead of rar in the deployment plan for the
>> db pool it will also appear in the list of potential plugins to export.  So,
>> perhaps the doc should be changed rather than the code (and also perhaps
>> change the dbpool wizard so that it includes type car rather than rar)?
>>
>> Basically, I think we need agreement before we push this change into
>> 2.1.4.
>>
>> The change is minor and wouldn't cause a problem to integrate but I'd like
>> to verify that we have a consistent approach to plugins.
>>
>> Joe
>>
>>
>> Shawn Jiang wrote:
>>
>>>  I really think GERONIMO-4492  <
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4492>should be applied to
>>> 2.1.4. If we don't, the defect will break the published document here:
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/convert-your-current-applications-into-plugins.html
>>>
>>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net<mailto:
>>> joe.bohn@earthlink.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    After a quick read of the JIRA and patch I agree ... I'll take a
>>>    closer look and apply it if all still seems well.
>>>
>>>    Thanks,
>>>    Joe
>>>
>>>    Shawn Jiang wrote:
>>>
>>>        If possible, I think this jira should be integrated because it's
>>>        easy to be reproduced and easy to be fixed.
>>>
>>>         https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4595
>>>
>>>        On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Joe Bohn
>>>        <joe.bohn@earthlink.net <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net>
>>>        <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net>>>
>>>        wrote:
>>>
>>>           Go ahead and integrate the fix.
>>>
>>>           Regards,
>>>           Joe
>>>
>>>
>>>           Ivan wrote:
>>>
>>>               If possible,
>>>
>>>               I wish that GERONIMO-4529) Corba port 1050 is not
>>>        released after
>>>               stopping j2ee-corba-yoko configuration  is included in
>>> 2.1.4.
>>>               Thanks !
>>>                             Ivan
>>>
>>>               2009/3/18 Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net
>>>        <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net>
>>>               <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net
>>>        <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net>> <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net
>>>        <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net>
>>>
>>>               <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net
>>>        <mailto:joe.bohn@earthlink.net>>>>
>>>
>>>                >
>>>                > I think we're at a point where we should freeze
>>>               branches/2.1.4 in prep for a release.  OpenEJB 3.0.1 is
>>>        in the
>>>               process of being released and the OpenJPA 1.2.1 vote should
>>>               close tomorrow.  Those were our two primary dependencies
>>>        that we
>>>               were waiting on.
>>>                >
>>>                > Please check with Jarek or me if you would like to
>>>        integrate
>>>               any additional changes into 2.1.4.  We'll hopefully be
>>>        able to
>>>               produce a release candidate later this week.
>>>                >
>>>                > Thanks,
>>>                > Joe
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>               --
>>>               Ivan
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>        --        Shawn
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Shawn
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Shawn
>
>
>


-- 
Shawn

Mime
View raw message