geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why change tomcatContainerName from "?name=TomcatWebContainer" to "?name=WebContainer" in tomcat6-deployer plugin of 2.1.4-snapshot?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:50:17 GMT

On Mar 4, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Forrest,  Thanks for finding this problem and raising the issue.
>
> IMO this is a critical issue that breaks backward compatibility.
>
> I had validated that our 2.1.2 samples installed and worked in our
> 2.1.4 server image prior to this change.  Since this change has been
> made this is no longer true.  I suspect this will also break other
> component installations (such as directory) and perhaps user created
> components.
>
> We need another solution that support backward compatibility.

I guess we need to revert my attempt to fix the original problem.
Maybe we can change the ejb-webservice deployers to use two abstract
name queries that will pick up either the jetty or tomcat web
container.  That would only prevent people from running both jetty and
tomcat at once if they have ejb web services.... maybe not a serious
limitation.

david jencks

> Joe
>

> Jarek Gawor wrote:
>> Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4554.
>> Jarek
>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Forrest_Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Recently, when I am building some 2.1 branch samples plugins, I
>>> found that
>>> built sample plugins are all not installable.
>>> A message on admin console like this:
>>> "A problem has occured:
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
>>> org.apache.geronimo.samples/calculator-tomcat/2.1.3-SNAPSHOT/car