geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject should we update schema namespace for backwards compatible changes?
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:28:09 GMT
Following a user request here at apachecon eu I finally implemented
the ability to override env-entry elements in geronimo plans
(GERONIMO-3954) (also, I'm not sure if this works for ejbs -- is
openejb using our env-entry builder?)

This requires a backwards compatible change to the geronimo naming
schema.

In the past we've tended to update the schema namespace by increasing
the version with every change although this has resulted in a lot of
nuisance and does not appear to be a recommended practice.

So far I haven't updated the namespace. I'm very tempted to suggest
that we change our policy a bit and not change the namespace so often.

Thoughts?

thanks
david jencks