geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Platform mbean server and ActiveMQ Console on geronimo (g. 2.2)
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 07:32:48 GMT

On Mar 1, 2009, at 11:09 PM, Ivan wrote:

> That activemq webapp is cool, but I knew that JMS Resource portlet
> has some same functions with the activemq-webconsole, such as
> browser the queue and send messages.

I'd forgotten we had that functionality in the JMS Resource portlet.

I think there is some difference between the views, however.  The JMS
Resource portlet shows info about the destinations that happen to be
defined by resource adapters deployed on this server, whether or not
any messages have ever been sent to them.  The ActiveMQ web console on
the other hand shows the destinations in the local broker, whether or
not they are defined by resource adapters on this server (they could
be from remote connections).  Furthermore, starting with a new broker,
the ActiveMQ web console doesn't show the destinations defined on the
server until you actually send messages to them.  The web console also
gives you atom and rss feeds of the actual messages.

> I wonder what is propose in the future, shall we replace it with
> activemq-webconsole? and if we integrate it in the admin-console, do
> we need to get the updates from activemq periodically.

I don't know what we should do :-)  I'd like to have both functions
available in the admin console, but have really no idea how hard it
would be to turn the web console into portlets and keep it up to
date.  If we can get a portlet app hosted at activemq we can probably
just install it in our portal.

thanks
david jencks