geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial Draft for gsoc [WS-Security support for JAX-WS Web Services] project
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:08:53 GMT
Rahul,

A few comments. I would drop the 1) bullet since in the grand scheme
of things this is a little detail and instead I would focus more on
the 2) bullet.

I like the WS-SecurityPolicy idea but it might be a little too much to
do at once. So I would stage things in the following way:

1) First work on the basic WS-Security support. Add support for
Username Token Profile and X509 Certificate Token Profile.

2) Once 1) is working, add support for WS-SecurityPolicy

3) Once 2) is working, add support for WSSecurityFeature as described.
That will probably require adding similar extensions to CXF and Axis2
first.

Besides configuring WS-Security properties for web services we also
want to configure the same sort of properties for Web Service
references (@WebServiceRef). So that clients can also make WS-Security
secured calls.

Also, to make life easier, can you put this proposal onto some
personal Apache wiki page (http://wiki.apache.org/general) and I think
that way we could edit this together.

Thanks,
Jarek