geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Geronimo Server 2.1.4 RC1
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:35:24 GMT
I tried to create a simplified test case.

But it worked like a charm - So, I must have been taking advantage of a
bug that has been corrected.  I will try to sort out my entity relations
to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Jay

Donald Woods wrote:
> If you can create a stand-alone junit testcase that recreates the
> problem, then you can open a issue against OpenJPA 1.2.1 in their JIRA -
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA
> 
> Given this level passed the Geronimo JEE5 TCK runs and the OpenJPA
> team's own internal testing, I would be against holding up the Geronimo
> 2.1.4 release for another OpenJPA release, as we need to get this
> release out ASAP for some other included fixes.
> 
> 
> -Donald
> 
> 
> Jay D. McHugh wrote:
>> Hey again all,
>>
>> I think that this may caused by my rather extreme entity relationships
>> and the use of OpenJPA's proprietary @ElementJoinColumn annotation.
>>
>> I have the following relationship structure:
>>
>> project
>> - projectDetail (project 1->M projectDetail using @EJC)
>>   - component (projectDetail 1->1 component)
>>     - componentAttribute (component 1->M componentAttribute using @EJC)
>>       - attribute (componentAttribute 1->1 attribute)
>>         - compAttribValue (componentAttribute 1->1 compAttribValue)
>>     - componentClass (component 1->1 componentClass)
>>       - classAttrib (componentClass 1->M classAttrib using @EJC)
>>       - attribute (classAttrib 1-> attribute)
>>
>> And I am basically trying to clone a project entity.  I have debugging
>> code that says it is creating and attaching all of the necessary details
>> (which it is) containing the appropriate components (which it is not).
>>
>> I am only getting the first projectDetail persisted to the database
>> fully.  All subsequent are not getting their components created.
>>
>> I will try to create a test that has a similarly complicated entity
>> relationship but uses only JPA standard links.
>>
>> If that works - how should we handle it?  If the assembly passes TCK,
>> and the problem is only related to the use of an OpenJPA proprietary
>> annotation, should we just issue a note that the use of that annotation
>> may cause problems?
>>
>> Jay
>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>> Hi Jay,
>>>
>>> Yes, please do let us know.
>>>
>>> I'm nearly done generating a new set of images and will start the vote
>>> again shortly.
>>>
>>> However, as the previous comments indicate, the images themselves are
>>> not functionally different than what you are using ... just adding in a
>>> missing license header and removing some unnecessary text in the
>>> README.txt file.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Joe
>>>
>>> Jay D. McHugh wrote:
>>>> Hey all,
>>>>
>>>> I know that this vote is cancelled, but I tried my real app on 2.1.4
>>>> RC1
>>>> and some JPA entities are not working the way they used to on 2.1.3.
>>>>
>>>> I am trying to figure out if I have been taking advantage of a bug that
>>>> has since been corrected - or if a problem snuck into JPA.
>>>>
>>>> I will let you all know as soon as I figure out which is the case.
>>>>
>>>> Jay
>>>>
>>>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>>>> Message created for any discussion of the pending Geronimo 2.1.4 RC1
>>>>> currently up for vote.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Joe
>>

Mime
View raw message