geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1.4 code freeze
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:21:25 GMT
I think this requires a little more discussion.

We seem to be flip-flopping on what should or should not be included in
the list of plugins to export.

GERONIMO-4141 and the discussion around it was rather explicit that we
should only include cars in the list.  I believe the discussion at that
time was that any component which might potentially be exported should
specify "car" as it's module type and hence it will appear in the list.

If you specify a type of car instead of rar in the deployment plan for
the db pool it will also appear in the list of potential plugins to
export.  So, perhaps the doc should be changed rather than the code (and
also perhaps change the dbpool wizard so that it includes type car
rather than rar)?

Basically, I think we need agreement before we push this change into 2.1.4.

The change is minor and wouldn't cause a problem to integrate but I'd
like to verify that we have a consistent approach to plugins.

Joe