geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Why change tomcatContainerName from "?name=TomcatWebContainer" to "?name=WebContainer" in tomcat6-deployer plugin of 2.1.4-snapshot?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:39:09 GMT

Forrest,  Thanks for finding this problem and raising the issue.

IMO this is a critical issue that breaks backward compatibility.

I had validated that our 2.1.2 samples installed and worked in our 2.1.4
server image prior to this change.  Since this change has been made this
is no longer true.  I suspect this will also break other component
installations (such as directory) and perhaps user created components.

We need another solution that support backward compatibility.

Joe