geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] Creating server/branches/2.1.4
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:13:46 GMT
I believe that all OpenJPA issues we care about have been resolved (we 
have asked them to cut a release).  However, I assumed that OpenEJB had 
a dependency on OpenJPA being released before it could release.   I 
think it makes sense to release OpenEJB as soon as possible.


David Blevins wrote:
> Do you want the OpenEJB 3.0.1 release now or would you prefer to wait 
> for the OpenJPA issue to be fixed?
> -David
> On Feb 27, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>> I decided to wait a little longer before creating a 2.1.4 branch.
>> It will probably be mid next week before all of our dependencies are 
>> released and we can begin the work for creating a release candidate. 
>> Therefore, I'm going to wait until early-mid next week to create the 
>> 2.1.4 branch.  That will save us propagating any fixes in the interim.
>> Please continue to use caution when checking into branches/2.1 for now.
>> Thanks,
>> Joe
>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>> We're getting very close to a Geronimo 2.1.4 release.  I think it's 
>>> nearly time to create a branch to prepare for the release.
>>> So, I'm planning to create a branch on Thursday afternoon (2/26).
>>> Please carefully consider any changes in the branches/2.1 that might 
>>> destabilize things and consider holding off until after the branch.  
>>> I do anticipate that there will continue to be bug fixes and other 
>>> minor changes.  Hopefully, we will be in a position to create a 
>>> release candidate sometime next week.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Joe

View raw message