geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Develop a Geronimo Quartz Plugin
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 03:24:44 GMT
Hi, Martin Benkov:
     Very appreciated with your interest in the idea. Since you have 3 years
experience with java, I think you should be OK.
     If you have used Geronimo in the past, that would be better
     Quartz plugin is introduced in Geronimo 1.*, while in the Geronimo 2.*,
it is not updated. So we wish to update the Quartz plugin to the 2.*.
     Before you begin the work, I suggest that
     1. Subscribe the geronimo dev maillist, so that the discussion could be
seen by all the members, and someone may give some good suggestions.
     2. Read some articles in the Geronimo wiki (
http://geronimo.apache.org/documentation.html), following the instructions,
you could know how to build the developement envorionment, how the plugin
works ....
     3. Check out the source codes from geroniom trunk (
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk), I wish to create
the plugin based on the trunk
     4. You could also check out the old quartz plugin codes from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/quartz-plugin
         But it could not work in the new Geronimo 2.*, only can refer to
how it works in the past.
     5. If you finally decided to be involved in it, maybe you need to
register in the google's website.
     Thanks!
                                          Ivan

--