geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Daytrader for Tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 03:25:16 GMT
There will be some code duplicate inevitably. To make daytrader work in
Tomcat, I changed some java classes and jsp files to remove ejb, jms, and
web services related code. For example, config.jsp, TradeDirect.java,
TradeServletAction.java, etc.

Having a web-container only version of daytrader will benefit people who has
interests at comparing the tomcat custom server assembly of geronimo with
standalone tomcat. Potentially, it might be expand the influence of
daytrader sample, attract more people to know it and use it. Maybe there are
new idea coming out to improve it in future. Does it make sense? Let me know
your comments!

Cheers,
Forrest