geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1.4 code freeze
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:17:12 GMT

On Mar 23, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> I agree that to change the doc is another solution.  But all the
> connector created with console wizard will default be rar type.  In
> this case, the user can't export the connector he/she just created.
> It looks quite strange.   That's why I prefer to include the RAR
> type in the list instead of only CAR type.

ok but every plugin created by the car-maven--plugin -- including
every datasource and ee app in geronimo - has extension .car and IMO
this is the strongly preferred way to build plugins.  So doing it by
hand in the server should give more consistent results, and the
documentation should promote using the car extension.

So I would say we should change the docs and if we don't change the
behavior of deploying stuff by default we should document that it's
doing something inconsistent with exporting the result as a plugin.

I'm not really in favor of delaying 2.1.4 further for  more code
changes that don't prevent the informed user from doing what they want.

thanks
david jencks