geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Making plugins work better for 2.1.4
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:39:22 GMT

On Mar 20, 2009, at 12:38 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Do you have a patch that you can attach here (or better to a JIRA)
> so that others can see the proposed changes?
>
> It is very late.  I'm basically just waiting for the openjpa release
> to make it to the ibiblio mirrors so that I can create the RC.
>
> If this is really minor and doesn't break anything then I supposed
> it could perhaps squeek in ... if it is ready to go later today or
> tomorrow.

I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4598 and
attached a patch.  With the patch (after I've changed the default
plugin repo back to my local maven repo)  I can use gshell to install
console-jetty onto the framework server, which was failing before.

Since this AFAICT doesn't change the contents of the server nor how
the plugins are wired together I think its safe to apply.  We should
probably also apply it to 2.1.... equivalent work should have happened
a long time ago for 2.2/trunk when I made the geronimo dependencies
follow transitive maven dependencies.

thanks
david jencks