Kevin,

I did some searching and ran across agimatic-validation[1] by agimatic GmbH, a JSR-303 implementation in the works.  It is published under the Apache 2.0 License.  The Hibernate JSR-303 spec jar is currently listed as dependency, but using it with a Geronimo equivalent may be an option.

-Jeremy

[1] http://code.google.com/p/agimatec-validation/