geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bind to specific network interface - configuration
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 14:48:58 GMT

On Feb 9, 2009, at 12:11 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> Hey,
>
> To configure most our Geronimo services to bind to a specific network
> interface the user sets the "ServerHostname" property. However, for
> Corba services the user must also set "COSNamingHost", "ORBSSLHost",
> and "ORBHost" properties. So, altogether the user must configure 4
> different properties. I'm wondering if we can just get rid of the
> "COSNamingHost", "ORBSSLHost", and "ORBHost" properties and just use
> "ServerHostname" property for everything? That should make things a
> little easier for the user.

Sounds good to me. I don't know why those corba-based Host properties
were separate from ServerHostname to begin with. I searched email list
and didn't see anything signficant, other than they were different.

I wonder if it would be best to have all of the host settings to be
seperately customizable, but default to ServerHostname. Something like:

ServerHostname=0.0.0.0
ORBSSLHostname={ServerHostname}
ActiveMQHostname={ServerHostname}
JettyHostname={ServerHostname}

Then customize the JettyHostname, when you want to alter the ip
address used by web container clients...

--kevan