geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Make "framework" build the entire framework server
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 00:15:25 GMT

On Feb 17, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Sounds worth the time to try it out.
>
> Two requests:
> 1) If this works, we publish the framework assembly instead of the
> two minimal assemblies to the Download page for 2.2, as this would
> allow users to build their own custom minimal server assembly (and
> of course some docs telling users how to create the old minimal
> assembly from this new framework assembly.)

I'm neutral or slightly +0.1 on this idea.  I don't actually see how
it relates to my proposal but if everyone agrees I'm fine with this
idea.

> 2) If time permits, can we move or duplicate relevant testsuite
> modules into a new testsuite dir under either the framework dir or a
> new framework-testsuite dir, so that we can verify the basic
> framework cmdline scripts and installing plugins (like Jetty/Tomcat
> to make an equivalent minimal assembly)?

I like this idea.  For a few months now when I work on a plugin set
(mconsole, activemq) I've included a custom server aseembly in the
plugin group and added at least one integration test.  This has really
helped speed up feature development.  IIUC you are proposing doing the
same for framework.

thanks
david jencks