geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Chance Yeoman <cyeo...@cait.org>
Subject Re: Pulling Geronimo Configuration
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:04:27 GMT

Hi Gianny,

I'll take a shot at it.  I am brand new to the WADI API, but at first glance it seems that
it would be a very flexible approach.  I'll look at the NetworkConnectorMonitor to get a better
feel for how it should be used.

Thanks,

Chance

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gianny Damour" <gianny.damour@optusnet.com.au>
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:02:51 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: Pulling Geronimo Configuration

On 12/02/2009, at 9:46 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> I think it would be great to get node discovery based on WADI
> working.  Unfortunately I was in too much of a hurry when I
> implemented the plugin based farming to look into how to do this.
>
> Where is your ejb client failover code?

Hi David,

The code is located in the project

plugins/openejb/geronimo-openejb-clustering-wadi

The interesting class is NetworkConnectorMonitor where the method
registerListenerForMembershipUpdates provides to joining peers the
list of OpenEJB deployments currently running along with the network
connector URIs EJB clients can used to access the EJB server running
these deployments.

Reading the code once again, it actually uses the geronimo-clustering
API to track joining/leaving SessionManagers. So, if a
BasicWADISessionManager is installed on admin and farm nodes the same
type of approach may be used.

I can certainly work on swapping the current node discovery
implementation with a WADI implementation. Chance, do you want to
give it a shot?

Thanks,
Gianny