geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make "framework" build the entire framework server
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 20:14:15 GMT
Sounds worth the time to try it out.

Two requests:
1) If this works, we publish the framework assembly instead of the two
minimal assemblies to the Download page for 2.2, as this would allow
users to build their own custom minimal server assembly (and of course
some docs telling users how to create the old minimal assembly from this
new framework assembly.)
2) If time permits, can we move or duplicate relevant testsuite modules
into a new testsuite dir under either the framework dir or a new
framework-testsuite dir, so that we can verify the basic framework
cmdline scripts and installing plugins (like Jetty/Tomcat to make an
equivalent minimal assembly)?

-Donald