geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo 2.0.3 release
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:50:49 GMT
Hello all,

I did some work on trying to get a 2.0.3 release that would:
a) build - sucess!
b) pass the TCK - Massive failure (over 5000 tests)

So, considering that we have a 2.1.x and 2.2.x codestream in progress
with JEE6 breathing down our necks - I have been officially pushed into
the 'we should probably just document what it takes to upgrade' group.

Are there any folks who truly need to stay on 2.0?

Or would it be reasonable to make a pronouncement that the 2.0.x
codestream is no longer going to be maintained - even for bug fixes and
security issues?

Thoughts/comments?

(I'll start documenting the libraries/jars that have changed or been
removed - we will need that regardless)

Jay