geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Time for Geronimo 2.1.4 release?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 22:12:27 GMT
Thanks for the info Jay and for doing some more digging.

I don't really have a strong desire to push everything to xBean 3.5.  I
was just trying to eliminate the use of multiple xBean versions as this
could potentially cause problems (and confusion) for our users.

It looks like we originally moved up to xBean 3.5 (actually
3.5-SNAPSHOT) to resolve a jca context issue (Geronimo-4375).  However,
it looks like it was soon discovered that there were issues with the
OpenEJB, ASM and xBean versions in G.  As a result ... we ended up
reverting back to an older ASM and xBean 3.3 for finder and reflect
while keeping the newer xbean-naming 3.5 so that the original issue was
still resolved.  That seems to be working and is perhaps the best
approach.  I was just concerned about using the various xBean versions
in our Geronimo 2.1.4 server.  Perhaps using the various xBean versions
is still the best thing to do here.  I didn't realize that there were
core issues in OpenEJB attempting to use anything greater than 3.4.1.

Thanks,
Joe