geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Make "framework" build the entire framework server
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:34:17 GMT
I'd like to play around with trying to make gbeans less restrictive
and possibly some classloading ideas.  This would be a lot easier if I
had a smaller project to deal with.  So, I'd like to make it so that
framework is self contained and builds the entire framework server.  I
haven't looked at this too closely recently but I think it involves:

moving all or part of buildsupport into framework (at least car-maven-
plugin)
moving the framework plugingroup into framework
moving the boilerplate and framework assemblies into framework.

I suggested this a few months back (sept 23 2008) and there were some
objections I didn't fully understand.  Right now I'm sure this would
make my day to day development life a lot easier so if there are
objections I'd really appreciate knowing how specifically this would
make your day to day development life harder.

thanks
david jencks